Davide’s Easter Torta Caprese
450gr almond meal
329 gr butter
245gr icing sugar
240gr whole eggs
200gr dark chocolate
60gr egg white
70gr caster sugar
1. Mix the butter with 220gr of icing sugar. Once it is whipped to your liking add in the eggs and the yolks one-by-one.
2. Add in the almond meal and the melted chocolate.
3. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with the caster sugar.
4. Combine the egg whites with the chocolate mix and then pour the mixture into a cake mould.
5. Bake the cake mix in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
6. When the cake is out of the oven, sprinkle it with icing sugar and serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.